The South Yorkshire Hot Spots project is an award winning partnership involving the South Yorkshire NHS departments, South Yorkshire Local Authorities, the Department of Work and Pensions and South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
The Edlington Hilltop Centre is a registered Hot Spots Centre and all of our volunteers and staff are fully trained to make a referral for anyone living in the community. A single referral can provide access to:
- A Home Safety Check which may include the supply and installation of free smoke alarms.
- A Benefits Entitlement Check for vulnerable residents unable to refer themselves directly.
- NHS Stop Smoking Service for advice and support to quit smoking and improve your health.
- An Energy Saving Check Up for advice on keeping your home warmer and saving you energy, plus information on grants for energy saving improvements such as insulation.
- A referral for information on Community Care Alarms, which gives 24 hour support to help vulnerable people live independently.
Why not come along to the Hilltop Centre and speak to us to arrange a referral for yourself or somebody you know, who would benefit from these valuable services. Referrals are acted upon with 48 hours.