Edlington Community Organisation (ECO) is a community charity based in the centre of Edlington, Doncaster. Their aim is to improve and regenerate Edlington and its surrounding areas to make it a better place to live for all generations present and yet to come. As a charity they thrive on community involvement and partnership working alongside various groups and businesses and are proud to work in partnership with the Edlington Hilltop Centre.
ECO’s mission is to work in active partnership with the community, for the community to regenerate the area and improve the quality of life for all. They are a not for profit charity and any money raised goes back into the community to provide essential services and projects.
Our partnership with the Edlington Community Organisation has been developed to compliment the services we both provide to the community. We aim to support learners and users of both Centre’s by providing them with learning opportunities, advice, counselling and support as well as activities that will advance the aims of both our charities.
Working together ECO and the Edlington Hilltop Centre provide:
- Short courses and classes.
- Benefits advice and support.
- Budgeting and debt counselling.
- Housing advice and support.
- Drugs and alcohol counselling.
- Advanced CV writing.
- Advanced job search.
- Access to local and district Councillor’s surgeries.
- Computer courses for beginners and intermediate.
- Advanced computer courses in ITQ Levels 1 & 2.
- FREE internet access without time limits.
- OCR text processing courses.
- Microsoft Office 2010 – computer courses.
- Clubs, Groups, activities and ongoing courses.
- Fully supported Work Club and Careers Advice Service.
- Childcare facilities provided by Buttons Day Nursery.
- Plus much more…
ECO run regular projects such as the recent Winter Wellbeing project which was aimed at the elderly and vulnerable in the Edlington and Warmsworth area, providing emergency packs to give out to them, including essentials such as torches, socks, blankets, soup and powdered milk and also the Slipper Swap project.
Our partnership approach meant that patients accessing the Hilltop Centre’s Community Health Project were able to access this valuable service for free. Watch the video below from Efficiency North who funded these projects.
To access any of the FREE services we provide in partnership please drop into ECO at the Yorkshire Main Community Centre (next door to the British Legion) or call into the Hilltop Centre (next door to Buttons Day Nursery) for more information. For more information you can visit the ECO website or view the ECO and YMCC Promotion Booklet.