Aspiring2 is a Community Interest Company which was established in February 2013. Our primary role is to ‘Support individuals and not for profit organisations to reach their full potential’.
We work with individuals applying a holistic ‘one stop shop’ approach towards personal development which includes:
- In-depth IAG where the needs of the individual are identified.
- Providing a bespoke service to address those needs towards removing barriers.
- Provide a none judgemental safe learning environment.
- Reduce isolation for all ages.
- Personal Development Programs – confidence building, ‘small steps to change’, action planning.
- One to One Support – IAG, signposting to other agencies.
- Employment Support – including liaising with potential employers.
- Enterprise Support – including business start-ups and mentor sessions.
- IT Training – basic skills delivery of Accredited learning.
- Group Activities - financial inclusion, employment skills and positive steps for change.
- Vintage Tea & Memory Lane Events to reduce isolation and increase conversation.
Aspiring2 has a proven ability to engage with individuals from traditionally ‘hard to reach’ groups by providing a holistic approach to tackling all barriers to employment.
These have included:
- Poor aspirations.
- Low confidence and self-esteem.
- Substance misuse.
- Domestic violence.
- Offending behaviour.
- Learning difficulties and poor mental health.
Funded activities allow us to develop the service we offer enabling us to continue our support to local people to overcome their personal barriers, social, emotional or physical, preventing them from entering into education, training, employment or work experience volunteering.
Our approach to tackling isolation within the community is a fun and energetic event where we encourage the community to come together to enjoy a Vintage Tea Party, Memory Lane Musical Bingo and a display of bygone memorabilia. Every item displayed is carefully chosen to evoke memories that can be shared to create conversation and develop friendships between local residents of all ages.
Visit the Apiring2 website.