Earlier this year our “Work Club and Careers Advice Service” was officially launched and recognised by Caroline Flint MP, UK Online Centres and local Councillors. Since then it has gone from strength to strength.
We are therefore very pleased to confirm that the European Social Fund is now supporting us to expand the scope and opening times for our Club. This means we can help even more people take their next step towards employment or training.
Members of our Work Club receive a fully supported course of activity that enables them to utilise computers and the internet to look for work and opportunities for training. We also provide careers advice to anyone who wants to explore the options available to them for the future. As a member of our Club you will be given the opportunity to learn about:
- Making the most of your computer
- Online basics – UK Online
- Online plus – UK Online
- Job search – Universal Jobmatch and Jobsites Online
- Jobs and skills – Universal Jobmatch
- Skills for job applications – UK Careers Service
- Careers Advice – Doncaster College University Centre
- Managing money – Money Advice Service
- Staying healthy – NHS Choices
- Internet safety – UK Online
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
You will receive certificates of achievement for all of your learning which you can use to enhance your CV and employability. Come along and join us for advice, guidance and some old fashioned moral support.